General 2012 Vodafone Warriors Members' Survey

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It is that time of year when the Warriors HQ send out their members' survey. This is this seasons survey
Part 1
1. How many years have you been a Vodafone Warriors member?
1-2 years 3-5 years 6-9 years 10+ years

2. The main reason I am a member of the Club is because...
I love feeling part of the Club
I feel I am financially supporting the Club
I get my own reserved seat to all home games
I save money with the massive discount I get off game day prices
Other (please specify)

3. The most important member benefit I receive is...
My Reserved Seat for all home games
The discount I get off gate prices
My Membership pack
Invites to exclusive members' only events
Access to exclusive members' only priority purchase periods for NRL Finals and Grand Final
Exclusive members' only weekly email newsletters
Other (please specify)

4. The least important member benefit I receive is...
My Reserved Seat for all home games
The discount I get off gate prices
My Membership pack
Invites to exclusive members' only events
Access to exclusive members' only priority purchase periods for NRL Finals and Grand Final
Exclusive members' only weekly email newsletter

5. It was simple and easy to renew/purchase my membership for 2012
Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree

6. My membership pack was delivered on time

7. The communication I receive from the Vodafone Warriors regarding membership and Club related news is excellent

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Part 2

8. The service I have received overall from the Club has been excellent

9. My membership offers great value

10. Where in Auckland do you think the Vodafone Warriors should play their regular season home games?
Mt Smart Stadium only
Eden Park only
North Harbour Stadium only
A mix of 2 or 3 of these venues
I don't care
Other (please specify)

11. The Vodafone Warriors should play regular season home games with an attendance of over 20,000 people at Eden Park

12. The Vodafone Warriors should look at playing some regular season home games outside of Auckland in other major New Zealand cities

13. The Vodafone Warriors should play home finals matches at Eden Park

14. Facilities at Mt Smart Stadium should be improved

15. Seating at Mt Smart Stadium should be increased

16. I think it is a good idea for the Vodafone Warriors to share Mt Smart Stadium with other sports such as Speedway

17. Any additional feedback regarding the membership programme at the Club?

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Sounds like they are prepping for a move away from Mt Smart... Can't say I'd want o be playing on a dirt track!

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Sounds like they are prepping for a move away from Mt Smart... Can't say I'd want o be playing on a dirt track!
I was thinking exactly the same thing, and also that they are perhaps considering a few excursions out of Auckland (or at least approaching the NRL to open their contract up for the future). It may upset a few hard-nosed fans for a while and perhaps see a few boycotting them (maybe even switching to another team), but no doubt people will get over themselves in a year or two and forgive them.

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same thing, and also that they are perhaps considering a few excursions out of Auckland (or at least approaching the NRL to open their contract up for the future). It may upset a few hard-nosed fans for a while and perhaps see a few boycotting them (maybe even switching to another team), but no doubt people will get over themselves in a year or two and forgive them.
Thought you might pick up on that point ¿N. ig-mah¿. When the whole speedway issue was bought up a few months ago there was a comment in the article about the Warriors playing 4 games at Eden Park. My understanding is it is the Auckland councils agreement with the club that states they can't play home games at other NZ venues outside of Auckland. Perhaps if the supercity is renegotiating with the club about venue use this clause might be going to be relaxed and the club could take a home game on the road each season.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Thought you might pick up on that point ¿N. ig-mah¿. When the whole speedway issue was bought up a few months ago there was a comment in the article about the Warriors playing 4 games at Eden Park. My understanding is it is the Auckland councils agreement with the club that states they can't play home games at other NZ venues outside of Auckland. Perhaps if the supercity is renegotiating with the club about venue use this clause might be going to be relaxed and the club could take a home game on the road each season.
I feel quite strongly about this one. Regardless of the fact it is more likely that I can get to a home game in the South Island, I feel a club who took on the nations name (I am well aware they now run the club as "Vodafone Warriors", but they are still registered as "New Zealand Warriors" and play under that name in Australia, but they took the name as their own when the new franchise took over) should offer something to the nation. The club is required by their cintract to grow the game in their area, so that should include the whole of NZ, not just Auckland. Even if they don't decide to take home games away, I still believe that there should be club representation all over the country. I think they should at least send injured players to make public appearances outside of Auckland and play trials or send players in the off-season to wow the crowds south of the Bombays.

I actually thought it was their NRL contract that denied the possibility of an away home game.

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I feel quite strongly about this one. Regardless of the fact it is more likely that I can get to a home game in the South Island, I feel a club who took on the nations name (I am well aware they now run the club as "Vodafone Warriors", but they are still registered as "New Zealand Warriors" and play under that name in Australia, but they took the name as their own when the new franchise took over) should offer something to the nation. The club is required by their cintract to grow the game in their area, so that should include the whole of NZ, not just Auckland. Even if they don't decide to take home games away, I still believe that there should be club representation all over the country. I think they should at least send injured players to make public appearances outside of Auckland and play trials or send players in the off-season to wow the crowds south of the Bombays.

I actually thought it was their NRL contract that denied the possibility of an away home game.
I believe it was clarified by the club at last seasons members forum meeting that it was tied up with the clubs lease on Mount Smart that they only play NRL games at venues controlled by Auckland City Council .
I agree that the club should take a home game on the road each season. Most other NRL clubs do it so I don't see why the Warriors should be any different. I would still re-new my membership for an 11 game home season as I travel to games anyway.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I believe it was clarified by the club at last seasons members forum meeting that it was tied up with the clubs lease on Mount Smart that they only play NRL games at venues controlled by Auckland City Council .
I agree that the club should take a home game on the road each season. Most other NRL clubs do it so I don't see why the Warriors should be any different. I would still re-new my membership for an 11 game home season as I travel to games anyway.
Yeah, I must have just jumped to the conclusion it was with the NRL. But didn't the clause allow for them to take home games out of NZ? Seems kind of petty of the Auckland council to block other NZ venues but allow non-NZ home games.

Last year there were many on the previous forums who stated they would not renew their membership if the Warriors took ONE home game to Eden Park. I find that extremely juvenile and foolish.

Reactions: Gee
Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, I must have just jumped to the conclusion it was with the NRL. But didn't the clause allow for them to take home games out of NZ? Seems kind of petty of the Auckland council to block other NZ venues but allow non-NZ home games.

Last year there were many on the previous forums who stated they would not renew their membership if the Warriors took ONE home game to Eden Park. I find that extremely juvenile and foolish.
True, I guess it comes down to if you are a supporter of the team or where they play. However having said that I heard that Blueys father would not go to the Eden park game as he didn't consider it a league venue. Each to their own I suppose.
Did you sign up as a Warrior proud member this season? and if so did you receive the survey email?

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
True, I guess it comes down to if you are a supporter of the team or where they play. However having said that I heard that Blueys father would not go to the Eden park game as he didn't consider it a league venue. Each to their own I suppose.
Did you sign up as a Warrior proud member this season? and if so did you receive the survey email?
Yep, I took the membership. Mostly so I have an early option on GF tickets if they make it (I will never sit at home and watch the Warriors play GF footy on TV). I filled the survey out, and put lots of notes regarding my views that Eden Park should be utilised before any money is spent on Mt Smart and that they should move a game out of Auckland.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
There was an interesting article in the herald this morning with the suggestion that the farm park be used as a test cricket ground. Consider that it's been a number of years since Auckland even hosted a test, I can't see it happening. Plus, the tank farm is seen by a number of councillors/officials as an open space not a sports ground.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/news/article.cfm?c_id=29&objectid=10817938

I had a conversation with one of the council officials about Mt Smart and the speedway and he said it was 'suggested' that Mt Smart 2 be redeveloped for Speedway and improvements made to the main ground stands if the Warriors stayed at Mt Smart.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few more games are played at Eden Park next year - even though the pitch is too far from the stands -at least in my opinion.

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have heard the players themselves say they would rather play at Mount Smart than Eden park. I'm not sure what upgrades they are talking about at Mount Smart and what costs are involved. Until that information is made public I found it hard to comment on an upgrade at Penrose.
I made the same comment to question 16. Until details of how a code share would work it is hard for members to give an informed opinion.
You will be happy to know that at least one other person put down that a game showed be taken out of Auckland.

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I have heard the players themselves say they would rather play at Mount Smart than Eden park. I'm not sure what upgrades they are talking about at Mount Smart and what costs are involved. Until that information is made public I found it hard to comment on an upgrade at Penrose.
I made the same comment to question 16. Until details of how a code share would work it is hard for members to give an informed opinion.
You will be happy to know that at least one other person put down that a game showed be taken out of Auckland.
Upgrade would have to be covered stands at both ends that increase the capacity of the ground. Otherwise just move the whole operation to town where the capacity is much bigger already and the facilities are more modern!

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
My reasoning for moving to Eden Park is that the country has already paid to remake that stadium. The Ausckland council will ask for a Government loan or hand out to upgrade Mt Smart, and I don't want my taxes improving yet another Auckland stadium.

Top Bottom