Internationals 2006 Tri-Nations

MiXmasterreece_old

Matai might be out as well by the sound of it, so the team makeup might be interesting.

Doubts still over mannering, matai and halatau might mean a call up for someone outside the squad.

Mighty_Motu_old

dancing bear
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:03 pm Post subject: hape out
it doesn't really matter as long as he is not hurt to bad and can be back in a couple of weeks the kiwis will be alright maybe even better off. that mit sound a bit harsh, i know he did have a massive game on the weekend but GB will be average and it will be good to get some young players in to a game that will not be as intense as the last two. hopefull Tupou can find his feet and get some confidence into his game. also this gives hape a few weeks rest from a long season so he can come back twice as good

I'm not so sure you can discount GBR so lightly. They have a lot of good players who are match fit out of a tough BSL season. They have stung us before; I would urge against complacency.

Lets not forget that this will be our third game in as many weeks and with the recent injuries to some very useful players I think you may get a surprise at just how well GBR goes dancing bear...

However, that said, I hope your right, a 40-point drubbing wouldn't go down too badly!

Skinny_Ravs82

For mind thou it's not how big the score we rack up or what. It's just that we maintain the work of improving all the time and getting sharper again.

commonsense_old

damn he was our best player.

does anybody know when his contract with bradford expires??
i would love to see this guy back in the NRL

KeepingTheFaith_old

Gb won't be pushovers. That's the assumption that's always made whenever we play them. GB are nowhere near as good as Australia and yet we should have beaten Australia so logically we should have it all over GB right? Wrong. Never works like that and the Kiwis never play GB the same way they play Australia and as a result we'll be dragged into the way GB like to play resulting in a close game.

Having said that this is the first GB game outside of GB for sometime. Maybe they'll struggle to adjust. Not that rain would bother english people. Sun probably would, but not rain.

Sinbad_old

Mate today he said that he was trying a couple of different things to speed up the recovery that they do in UK. He personally hope to be fit for Saturday.
Matai is a differnt thing , he IS out !

Hape is a really nice quiet guy. I dont rate his chances , but, he does. Good luck to him.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

WTF! Is Matai out aswell? Dam hes a great player aswell! :evil: I didnt read anything just the heading haha so I didnt no he was out..Mannering will probably take his place and theyll replace Mannering with Cayless :)

kiwi man_old

hmm with hape out and matai and mannering in serious doubt, i will name a team saying they are unavailable.
1.B. Webb
2.T. Tupou
3.N. Vagana
4.I. Soliola
5.M. Vatuvei
6.J. Ropati
7.S. Jones
8.R. Wiki
9.N. Fien
10.R. Asotasi
11.D. Kidwell
12.F. Pritchard
13.A. Guttenbeil

14.M. Tony
15.A. Blair
16.J. Cayless
17.E. Lauaki

even with all the injuries i will go out on a limb and say that team will be too good for the poms, vatuvei and tupou will dominate i think, we may see a more relaxed vagana in the centers, and the biggest x-factor imo is Hame Lauaki... if given a chance i think he will destroy the poms

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

oh mannerings out to aye...i gess we could bring awen in? or a few players in the nz a team...it may b a good move or it could cost us the game...

BigD_old

Im not Hape about Shontayne being out.

Reckon they should fly in a few pommy based players like the VOLCANNO and maybe Mr PAUL.

Even Francis Meli might be an option

MiXmasterreece_old

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
I didnt read anything just the heading haha so I didnt no he was out..

You really need to start reading past the headlines of articles posted, that way youll know whats going on abit more :wink:

MiXmasterreece_old

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:

You really need to start reading past the headlines of articles posted, that way youll know whats going on abit more :wink:

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

MiXmasterreece said:
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:

lol yeh true bro

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

BigD said:

Reckon they should fly in a few pommy based players like the VOLCANNO and maybe Mr PAUL.

yeh true Meli should replace Shontayne aye, i never even thought of him...Fa'afili should also b n option imo

MiXmasterreece_old

BigD said:

The Volcano is having surgery and has been ruled out of the tri nations by Bradford.

Im not sure if Robbie Paul or Francis Meli would be the answer. Paul's form is very poor and Meli hasnt been at his best for years, he looked ok in the ESL but that is a step or 2 below the NRL.

Any possible callups if we need to replace someone through injury should come directly from the NZ A squad .

Mighty_Motu_old

I agree with that. NZ A is the place to look. Its too late to bring anyone from GBR and get them moulded into the squad now anyway. I can't wait for Lauaki to take the paddock. Hes the sort of guy that will get REAL fired up in the jumper. I can't wait!