- Ivan Cleary
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- 89 kg
- Warriors #
- Warriors Debut (Date and Match Details)
- 6th February 2000 vs Melbourne Storm
- Signed From
- Sydney Roosters
- Wikipedia Page
In 1998 he surpassed Mick Cronin’s long-standing premiership record when he scored 284pts for the season (since surpassed by the Bulldogs’ Hazem El Masri. In 1999, he suffered a dislocated hip in a pre-season trial against Norths but left the Roosters at the end of the year to link with the Warriors. Cleary retired at the end of 2002 following the Warriors’ grand final loss (a season in which Cleary scored a club record 242pts) to take on an assistant coach’s role with Roosters.
Cleary returned to the Warriors as an assistant coach to Tony Camp the following year and took over as Warriors coach in 2006 – the year the club was docked four competition points for salary cap breaches before the season even started.
He would coach the Warriors for 6 years and 137 games including the 2011 Grand Final.
- 1992–93 Manly-Warringah
- 1994–95 North Sydney
- 1996–99 Sydney Roosters
- 1998 Record for most points scored in a season
- 2000–02 NZ Warriors
- 2002 NRL Minor Premiers
- 2006–11 Head Coach for NZ Warriors
- 2014 Dally M Coach of the Year
- 2012–15 Head Coach for Penrith Panthers