- Jersey Name:
- 2019 Warriors Indigenous Jersey
- Year/s Jersey Active:
- Jersey Type:
- Jersey Supplier:
- Main Jersey Sponsor:
- Sleeve Sponsor:
- Woodstock Bourbon & Cola
- Left Breast Sponsor:
- Right Breast Sponsor:
- NRL Telstra Premiership
- Upper Back Sponsor:
- Lower Back Sponsor:
- Front Collar Sponsor:
- Yoke Sponsor:
2019 Vodafone Warriors CCC Indigenous Jersey - Adults
This special edition jersey celebrates the NRL’s rich indigenous heritage and the Vodafone Warriors 25th anniversary as a team. Wear it with pride from Canterbury’s 2019 Vodafone Warriors On Field collection.
No rugby collection is complete without an indigenous jersey celebrating the NRL’s rich indigenous heritage. Canterbury’s On Field Indigenous Jersey not only does this in style, but also commemorates the Vodafone Warriors’ 25 years in the NRL.
This design pays respect to Māori - tangata whenua ( people of the land ) the indigenous people of New Zealand.
The top half of the jersey = Our landscape, our mountains, our waterways.
The triangle shapes symbolise our mountains. The koru represent mist, clouds and swirling winds reaching up to the heavenly domain of Ranginui ( the Sky Father ).
The waves break the shore below the mountains and here we also see rivers and lakes flowing to meet the sea.
The koru and kowhaiwhai ( throughout the design ) represent growth, reaching upward toward the light … positivity, nurturing and protection. Also they represent connection to the earthly domain of Papatuanuku ( the Earth Mother ).
The design is placed on the front and back and represents the North Island and South Island - this pays respect to the kaitaiaki ( guardians ) of our land and the warrior whanau ( family / fan base )
Everything is inter connected and there is great power in these connections - they unite us.
The bottom half of the jersey and the sleeves are kowhaiwhai patterns. Through these symbols we represent attitude, ability and mindset.
* Mangopare = ( hammerhead shark ) = never give in - never surrender - determination and heart. Very much a representation of warrior spirit.
* Mangotipi = ( great white shark ) = speed, power and agility.
* Koiri = This pattern means to flourish. It is the koru repeating and turning back on itself - continuing on to infinity. Also represents self reflection and nurturing.
The colour of the jersey and the shades of grey represents the clouds - Aotearoa = land of the long white cloud and silver nature also pays respect to our silver fern. Our national symbol.
Wicks moisture away from the fabric and boosts evaporation of sweat.
Features a new jersey silhouette with cross-over low profile neck.
Neck reinforced inside and out for improved comfort and strength.
- MAIN: 100% Polyester Interlock 250gsm with VapoDri finish
- CONTRAST: 92% Polyester 8% Elastane Reverse Pique 270gsm
- New 2019 jersey silhouette with cross over low profile neck
- Front sleeve designed as raglan and set in sleeve at back
- Stretch herringbone tape across back neck and finished with x3 bartacks at end
- Chest logos embroidered and all other logos sublimated
- Woven locker tag
Officially released by the club on 22 November 2018. though it first surfaced on the clubs online store https://shop.warriorsstore.co.nz/ on 20 November 2018.
Known as the 'Aotearoa' jersey.