NRL NRL Round 7, 2024 Discussion

Yeah it's strange eh, NRL pushing player safety and welfare more than ever. Guess the game has changed a lot and the tactics to keep the ball in play, compounded with the six-agains mean less stoppages and short rest times for players? I dunno. Teams looking like they've already played 16 rounds.
I would not mind if they got rid of the 6 again. Just penalise them which teams can then challenge. Makes it less subjective. Game was still fairly fast when we did not have them.

I have thought about it and If I were the NRL inquiry team I would be forcing Jack to undergo a psychiatric assessment.
There is a safety issue for the other players in the other teams being around him. While he will never attack a team mate players from other teams should legitimately be fearful for their personal safety around him. I am not opposed to a forced medical retirement after yesterdays incident. This is a very sad situation but it must be addressed with realistic labels for what happened.

I have thought about it and If I were the NRL inquiry team I would be forcing Jack to undergo a psychiatric assessment.
There is a safety issue for the other players in the other teams being around him. While he will never attack a team mate players from other teams should legitimately be fearful for their personal safety around him. I am not opposed to a forced medical retirement after yesterdays incident. This is a very sad situation but it must be addressed with realistic labels for what happened.
Its always been part of Reed Mahoneys gameplay to be a serial pest. He's been doing it a lot this season to get players stirred up and Jack isn't the only one who's reacted. He seems to be very effective with the way he does it, similar to Will Chambers.

Just my opinion on the matter I think Mahoney was being a little cunt and trying to wind Jack up knowing his reputation.
Jack was winding him up in return .

Just my opinion on the matter I think Mahoney was being a little cunt and trying to wind Jack up knowing his reputation.
Jack was winding him up in return .
OK we used to do that to bad tempered kids at school as ten year olds. We would get off scott free and they would get detention when they took the bait.

In other news I came in here to post about Ponga being out for most of the season if not all of it.

At New Castle management and coaching level I suspect, based on my knowledge of human nature, that they won't throw in the towel on the season and that today at training there were a series of speeches about how they are still alive and we all need to pick up the slack to replace Kalyn. With closed doors another one opens etc bullshit In reality they have zero chance without him but even though each manager or coach will be thinking that privately it will be career suicide to admit that at work. If they were really brave they would all agree they have no chance and use this year as a rebuilding year and try to acquire an 18 year old reece walsh type player from another club with promise of all the first grade time you can handle this year. And manage their contract management accordingly.

We didn’t come up with that proposal after Kevin Tamati and Greg Dowling had a major set to on the side line during a Kiwis Kangaroos test in Brisbane mid 80 s

Nobody made any comments about Kevin he was just a hard tough guy

He does have a realistic label Wrighty, he's Mad Jack, bloke's bloody mad

I don't want to get into it any more tonight. I may send you a private message. I think the group will get angry at me if I push this narrative.
I remember when we used to diagnosed SJ with various mental illnesses after a bad game. We were internet bullying him looking back on it, I'm ashamed of myself now.

I must be getting old but I remember distinctly when Stacey was apparently rooting one of our cheerleaders.
And Clarke and the babysitter.
Makes for great theatre.
Where the fuck are you Bruce
Was Stacey rooting the cheerleader before or after Eric Watson saved the club?

Ponga will get the maximum 36 points for the last 6 games of the season, and whatever he needs to win they will top it up retroactively for doing amazing 5kg weight exercises for his foot through the winter months, Fox will even make a documentary about it, "Ponga & His Theraband" on Pay per View narrated by Matt Noble

Back